Terms and Conditions
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
Assured Risk Cover is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Assured Risk Cover may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from March 1, 2015
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- From time to time, we may use your information to contact you to invite you to try out our new offerings or for market research purposes. We will contact you only by email. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
If you have previously agreed to us using your email information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. Your personal information will never be distributed or leased to any third parties.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Electronic Communications Consent
DISCLOSURES AND CONSENT TO CONDUCT BUSINESS ELECTRONICALLY
Please print or download a copy of this Disclosure for Your records after reading them.
We are required by law to provide certain disclosures to You before You enter into this transaction electronically. In addition, We need Your consent before We can deliver, or authorize the delivery of, certain documents to You electronically. Please read this notice carefully before giving consent.
This Disclosure and Consent to Conduct Business Electronically ("Disclosure") applies to all Communications for those Policies, Contracts, services and notices offered or accessible through the Online Service. "Online Service" means the website and its associated links, services, and Communications available on the ARC Hurricane Insurance Agency, Inc. ("ARCHIA") website, or available through an associated mobile application.
The words "We", "Us", and "Our" refer to the insurance company that issues Your Policy, and all of its subsidiaries, affiliates and agents, including the surplus lines agent through which the Policy is placed and ARCHIA. The words "You" and "Your" mean You, the individual(s) or entity that obtains a Policy.
"Communications" means all the information that We are required to provide to You by law, or as reasonably necessary to administer Your Policy, which includes, but is not limited to, Your online or telephonic application, declarations page, Policy, certificate, terms and conditions, responses to claims, transaction history, privacy policies, periodic billing statements, amendments, services, notices and disclosures about changes in the terms of Your Policy.
"Policy" means a written contract of insurance, or written agreement effecting insurance, or the certificate thereof, and includes all clauses, riders or endorsements, and declarations page.
- Scope of Communications to Be Provided in Electronic Form. You agree that We may provide You with any Communication in electronic format (the "Paperless Transaction"), and that We may discontinue sending paper Communications to You, unless and until You withdraw Your consent as described below or at Our option upon notification by Us to You.
You further acknowledge that We may authorize an agent to deliver certain Communications to You on Our behalf, and perform other services to help facilitate the delivery of Communications to You.
- Method of Providing Communications to You in Electronic Form. All Communications that We provide to You in electronic form will be provided by one or more of the following methods: (1) via e-mail; (2) by access to a secure Web site that We will generally designate in advance for such purpose; (3) via text message or mobile message service; or (4) to the extent permissible by law. With respect to text message and mobile messaging service communications, your carrier may charge you a fee for receiving the message.
- How to Withdraw Consent. You may withdraw Your consent to receive Communications that We provide to You in electronic form by emailing us at email@example.com, or calling your agent. At Our option, We may treat Your provision of an invalid e-mail address, or the subsequent malfunction of a previously valid e-mail address, as a withdrawal of Your consent to receive electronic Communications. We will not impose any fee to process the withdrawal of Your consent to receive electronic Communications; however, Your access and Use of the Online Service may be terminated. Any withdrawal of Your consent to receive electronic Communications will be effective only after We have a reasonable period of time to process Your withdrawal. Termination of Your consent to conduct business electronically shall not affect legal enforceability of any Policy provided to You.
- How to Update Your Records. It is Your responsibility to provide Us with a true, accurate and complete e-mail address, contact, and other information related to this Disclosure and Your Policy, and to maintain and update promptly any changes in this information. You can update Your information by updating your profile on StormPeace.com or calling your agent. Please do not send confidential information to Us via traditional e-mail, as we cannot guarantee that the transmission will be secure.
Hardware and Software Requirements. In order to access, view and retain electronic Communications from Us, You must have:
- An up-to-date Internet browser to access Your Communications;
- Local, electronic storage capacity to retain Our Communications and/or a printer to print them;
- A valid e-mail account and software to access it;
- An up-to-date device or devices (e.g., computer, Smartphone, tablet, etc) suitable for connecting to the Internet;
- Added the domain stormpeace.com to Your e-mail account’s list of "safe senders."
- Software that enables You to view files in Portable Document Format ("PDF"). You may be able to download the most recent version of Adobe Reader by clicking here. If you cannot download the most recent version of Adobe Reader, please call your manufacturer to find out how to download software that is functionally equivalent.
- Requesting Paper Copies. When You consent to receive Communications electronically, You should not expect to receive a paper copy of any Communication, unless You request it or We otherwise deem it appropriate to do so. You can obtain a paper copy of an electronic Communication by printing it Yourself or by requesting that We mail You a paper copy, provided that such request is made within a reasonable time after We first provided the electronic Communication to You. To request a paper copy, you may do so by calling your agent, or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may charge You a reasonable service fee for a paper copy, of which We will provide You prior notice, for the delivery of paper copies of any Communication provided to You electronically pursuant to this authorization.
- Communications in Writing. All Communications in either electronic or paper format from Us to You will be considered "in writing." You should print or download for Your records a copy of this Disclosure and any other Communication that is important to You or which We instruct You to download and retain.
- Federal and State Laws. You acknowledge and agree that Your consent to electronic Communications is being provided in connection with a transaction affecting interstate commerce that is subject to the federal (and State enacted laws similar to) Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act, and that You and We both intend that the Act apply to the fullest extent possible to validate Our ability to conduct business with You by electronic means.
- Termination/Changes. We reserve the right, in Our sole discretion, to discontinue the provision of Your electronic Communications, or to terminate or change the terms and conditions on which We provide electronic Communication. We will provide You with notice of any such termination or change as required by law.
- E-mail Address of Record for Policies with Joint and/or Multiple Owners. You must be able to provide Us with an e-mail address for the first named insured listed in the Declarations of each Policy at the time of purchase or during the term of the Policy. Only the first named insured’s authorization is required to consent to Paperless Transactions.
For purpose of electronic notification, You will need to designate an existing email address as the e-mail address of record. The e-mail address of record will be the only e-mail address that electronic notification will be sent to when documents are available for viewing. The e-mail address of record must be the e-mail address of the first named insured or an insured who has authority to make transactions and act on behalf of the first named insured under the Policy. For example, You may not designate the e-mail address of a minor or incompetent individual as the e-mail address of record.
- Jurisdiction and Enforceability. The Disclosure and Your relationship with Us under this Disclosure shall be governed by the laws of the State of Florida without regard to its conflict of laws provision.
- Severability. If any court of law, having the jurisdiction to decide on this matter, rules that any provision of this Disclosure is invalid, then that provision will be removed from the Disclosure without affecting the rest of the Disclosure. The remaining provisions of the Disclosure will continue to be valid and enforceable.
Acceptance and Consent. By consenting to this Disclosure and Consent to Conduct Business Electronically, You agree to the following statements:
I have read, understand and agree to be bound by the terms and conditions described above and consent to receive electronic documents according to the process described above. I understand and agree that: (i) I am the first named insured under the Policy or am validly authorized by the prospective Policy applicant to act on his/her behalf (ii) my consent to receive documents electronically does not automatically expire and is not limited as to duration; (iii) the insurer with which I have my Policy and/or their agents may revoke my participation in the Paperless Transactions program at any time at their discretion; (iv) neither the insurer with which I have my Policy, nor its affiliates, subsidiaries or agents will be liable for any loss, liability, cost, expense, or claim for acting upon this authorization or arising from my use of the services provided pursuant to this Disclosure; (v) additional information provided to me in addition to my Policy contain important information or disclosures concerning my Policy and I agree to review such additional information in a timely manner; (vi) If I cannot access my Communications for any reason whatsoever, I must immediately notify ARCHIA so that they can help identify the issue, or arrange to have them delivered via alternative means; and (vii) I have been able to view this Disclosure.